The education system of Australia offers over 12,000 courses that are recognized the world over. It is many student's first choice and rightly so. In the past years around 1.4 million students from various parts of the world have gained access to the great education in Australia.
The Australians adopt a rather different methodology for imparting education and students need to get used to the system. The students are assessed continuously through assignments and presentations. Emphasis is laid on practical knowledge through experimentation and out of class workshops.
Benefits of studying in Australia –
- Safe environment for international students
- Global standards of education
- World class leadership in English language courses
- Great standards of vocational education and training
Living in Australia –
Australia offers a peaceful environment but at the same time has a very modern and cosmopolitan feel to it. Educational infrastructure is very strong, it is relatively less expensive and visa chances are comparatively easier. There are many Indian students who have studied and are currently pursuing their higher education in Australia. This gives new students a chance to get connected with them and feel at home away from home. It is a great country and gives a large number of opportunities to students. Various social groups and bodies regularly monitor the safety and other needs of foreign students.
Work Rules in Australia –
- You cannot start working in Australia until you have started your course
- Students can work for 20 hours per week during term and unlimited hours during vacations
- You can work for unlimited number of hours if you are a ph. D or masters student and have submitted your thesis